Flooding is the most common natural disaster in the United States that destroys hundreds of homes and properties every year. Those homeowners who want to make sure that their homes are fully protected, especially if they live in flood-prone areas, purchase special flood insurance. It is not a mandatory type of insurance, but experts recommend to carry it anyway for additional protection.
What Is Covered By Flood Insurance?
Standard flood insurance covers the following:
- Foundation, anchorage systems, and staircases attached to the building.
- Appliances. It coves such built-in appliances, as dishwashers, dryers, and washing machines. Portable window air conditioners, refrigerators, and freezers with the food in them are also covered.
- Window treatments and carpeting. Any kind of carpet over wooden floors or installed carpet over the unfinished floor are usually covered by flood insurance. It also usually covers blinds and curtains.
- Essential systems. Plumbing and electrical systems, fuel tanks and the fuel in them, furnaces, water heaters, water tanks, pumps, and solar energy equipment.
- A detached garage. You can use up to 10% of your coverage toward a detached garage.
- Personal belongings. Your personal items, such as electronics, clothing, furniture are also covered, as long as they are not stored in the basement.
Sloan Insurance Agency serving Elmer, NJ – Your Safety and Safety of Your Home Is Our Priority
If you live in Elmer, NJ and you are thinking of getting flood insurance to protect your home and your personal belongings, Sloan Insurance Agency is the right company to contact. We provide tailored insurance solutions addressing the needs and requirements of our clients at competitive rates. If you have any questions about flood insurance, or you want to discuss insurance solutions, feel free to contact us.