Skip to content


Click to Call
Sloan Insurance Agency

33 2nd St
Elmer, NJ 08318

Get Directions

Do You Need to Insure Your Boat When it’s Out of the Water in Elmer, NJ?

Boats can be expensive investments, so protecting them with the right insurance is essential. But how do you know if you need boat insurance when your boat is out of the water in Elmer, NJ? This blog post will discuss the coverage you need and how Sloan Insurance Agency can help.

What Types of Insurance Are Available? 

The type of boat insurance you need depends on several factors, including the size and value of your boat and where it is located. Two types of coverage are available for boats—liability and physical damage. 

Liability Coverage 

If you own a boat, consider purchasing liability coverage. This will cover any costs associated with property damage or bodily injury that your boat or its operation may cause. It also protects against legal defense costs if necessary. Liability coverage typically includes a deductible and limits on any payments made by the insurer. 

Physical Damage Coverage 

Physical damage coverage protects your boat if it is damaged by an accident or other unforeseen event (such as theft). This includes accidents caused by another person, natural disasters, vandalism, and collisions with other boats or objects in the water. Depending on your policy, physical damage coverage may also include repair costs for mechanical breakdowns or engine failure.

Do I Need Insurance When My Boat Is Out of the Water? 

Yes! Even if your boat is out of the water and not being used, it still needs to be insured because it can still suffer from theft or vandalism while not in use. Also, some insurance companies require that boats remain insured even when they are out of the water for extended periods (e.g., during winter).

If you have questions about insuring your boat when it’s out of the water in Elmer, NJ, contact Sloan Insurance Agency.